Tuesday, July 10, 2007

With all the things going on these days all I want is either a long vacation or a return to some semblance of normalcy, before everything going weird.

Tonight I headed to the Harry Potter premier. and I hate to pre-empt my own review, but well, it was a pretty long yawn-fest. I've never been a Potter fan, and this doesn't do much to win me over.

I am hoping that the students I have in my advancement classes are getting as excited as I am about it. Thus far we've been talking horror, and I can't help but get excited about certain stories and ways to look at them. I've been throwing my favorite classic stories at them. Not too sure yet how they are taking it all, but the discussions have been pretty good, though not everyone participates. This has always been a problem with me. But sige lang.

And tonight, with time to kill in the mall, I went to the video store and picked up copies of Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. Buying these things shows my openness to the idea of still teaching I guess. I hope that I can stay on now and at least teach some of these things.

3 comments:

Marguerite said...

bruho, is it alright to link you or nagpapaka-stealth ka pa?

merchant of menace said...

sure go on and link up. i can't hide forever, and i'd appreciate the readership.

Anonymous said...

what i don't like about books having movie versions is that the audience's ability to imagine gets restricted. i didn't watch the first three movies of harry potter, and slept through the 4th movie. i started reading hp just this summer and when i saw their movie versions, i wasn't very satisfied cuz that's not how i imagined things to happen.

another thing i hate is that kids begin to lose interest for reading. my brother said he's doing a book report on harry potter 1, and i saw him just watching the film.

i finished reading your story, btw! it was sooo gross and funny!! i'm sure my classmates would love it!