Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Truth about Rain and DSL

"Nababasa ang poste," the repair guy said. He explained to me in a tone that was meant to make me feel like an idiot. After having complained about the performance of my DSL I was visited by repair guy on a Saturday morning and told, "Baka naman mali lang settings mo kaya nagkakaproblema."

How do you respond to this kind of behavior? Not sure if it's the normal thing for the repairmen to assume that their customers are idiots. I turned on my computer and assured the guy that my settings were just fine. He sat at the Mac and connected to the net. "Ok naman a, nakakaconnect naman."

"Yeah, ngayon kasi umaga, maaraw. Ang problema ko, 7-11 weekdays, at pag umuulan laging napuputol."

"Ah ganun talaga."

"Ganun talaga?" What do you mean by that?"

"E kasi pag ganung oras, wala nang nagbabantay sa opisina kaya napuputol." Which makes one think, so how come no one's making sure the net's working? You mean to tell me when it's closing time for offices no one's monitoring my internet service? This may explain why no one's answering the customer service line. So either this guy is telling me shit, or there's really no one monitoring the quality of net service after office hours. I'm not sure which is preferable. I would like to think that my provider cares enough about its customers to assure service, even if repair guy lacks any customer relations skills.

"E yung ulan?"

"Nababasa ang poste."

"So?"

"Pag nababasa ang poste, mawawala internet mo." The logic, to him, seemed flawless. Wet posts equals no internet, why are you still asking questions? But I couldn't resist.

"E yung phone, lights, poste din naman yun. Bakit yun hindi nawawala pag umuulan."

"Ibang poste yun e."

Now I don't know, but that really made me feel dumb. What an idiot I am, it's a different post. Of course!

"So pag umulan, expect ko dapat na mapuputol ang internet ko?'

"Oo."

And that, dear friends, straight from the horses' mouth, is the truth about my internet rants. What can you say?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

o nga naman. kaw naman kasi, bayaw. if it's wet it don't connect, dawg!

grimlock repair man say: wet post, no internet. me grimlock say so. me grimlock have flawless logic you smart people no have hahaha! mr grimlock no afraid of mr smarty pants' shotgun. wait, izzat a real gun?

KMFDM

mdlc said...

pag ganyan yaw dapat sinisindak mo. natatakot sila pag ganu'n, at nahihiya. di naman waiter 'yan na puwedeng duraan ang chibog mo pag naasar sa iyo, di ba.

puwedeng, "putang-ina mawalang-galang, pero mukha ba akong tanga? ayusin mo 'yung pananalita mo kasi kaya ka nandito dahil sa kakupalan ng kumpanya mo. kayo ang may utang sa akin, punyeta ka." tapos kuha kang lapis tapos tusukin mo siya sa mata. hampas mo 'yung ulo niya sa kanto ng mesa. idikdik mo sa nakasinding kalan, habang sumisigaw na "putanginaaaa! tangina kaaaa! tangina kaaaaaaaa! kaya lang kita bubuhayin dahil gusto kong sabihin mo sa mga boss mo na mga putangina nila abangan nila ako gigilitan ko sila isa-isa mga buwakanangina silaaaaa!"

'yun 'yun dude. btw, no readings for my lecture sa class mo, magdadala na lang ako ng stuff i photocopied myself. mas maganda kung on the spot lang nila mababasa 'yun at hindi as a reading assignment.

NYEL said...

anubaaah, hopeless. wala akong masabi dito. oo nga naman, obliged ba silang paganahin ang internet mo after office hours? naman dude, give them a break. :p

Anonymous said...

And DSL hanggang 6pm lang ang hotline. Hehe

-tricia velez

w.w.r said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!

Oh MY LORD!!! I practically fell off the chair...sorry ha hindi tayo close but this is just too amusing!!!

Ang panalo din naman ni mikael, GRABE!!!

Mukha lang naman akong tanga humahalakhak mag-isa ngayon...

Wanwan

Anonymous said...

hotline. ibig sabihin hanggang 6pm lang bukas ang kwarto ni sir kaya may hehe. hehe

Unknown said...

obviously the tech is crack. theres definitely something wrong on the wirings on wiring facility of ur isp that will need re-wirings and cable replacements. i work in a dsl company and we have some process to fix this kinds of issues. problem... isp cant have no clues if ur connection is getting cluncky and it will really take an effort to monitor a connection and i do understand if a customer like u have the need to vent out but tuth to be told, ur isp dont really give a shit about you.


happy surfing!