Monday, May 5, 2008

attempts to be intellectual

I hear that smart intellectual people listen to jazz and classical music. not only do they listen to it, but they also write poetry about that kind of music. me, i'm more of a classic rock, rock and roll, and hip hop kind of guy. but i said, hey maybe i'll be smarter and write better if i try the classical music. i tuned on to a classical music station through the itunes. it's alright but i'm not getting the adrenaline, the kick. i don't know. i'm appreciating it but i'm not feeling it in the way that it makes me write. i think i'm going back to my classic rock stations, but i will come back to this. maybe i'm just not ready for this yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir Carl! I was just blog-hopping and found your link in Lisane's bloggeh.

Sometimes, I get the kick I like when I'm alone in my room, put in a Vivaldi or a Bach, and then turn up my stereo full blast (really, really loud, like how you'd want rock to be). After that, I lose myself. And often enough it's not the well-known classical pieces that get me; masyado nang gasgas. I even had to find my own period, and I realized I liked the majestic Baroque pieces better than the dramatic Romantic ones.

Okay, that was such a geeky thing to say, but hey, classical to me is like rock n' roll to you. :p

-Tanya de Dios

merchant of menace said...

Hey tanya. i don't know, i'm still trying to get into the classical thing. I think that the closest i've gotten so far is Metallica's S&M. Go figure

Anonymous said...

hey, that's a start.
I have a feeling it's gonna take age for you to really get into it. When you're 50, I bet you'll get into it.