Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ang Mga Mahal ng Diyos

I was thinking earlier, as we (Cha, my mom, and I) were having dinner, about the whole religious thing my dad has been going through the past year and a half or so. We are not on speaking terms at all, he and I. So it's funny how recently he's been going on and on about his salvation, how he will be saved because of his faith even though he has been terrible, and continues to be terrible to his family and other people.

It's unusual. for example when he was down in the dumps his brothers and sisters didn't help him because he's not a part of their congregation. I don't know what that is but any group that tells you you shouldn't help your brother has just got to be dubious. And people who are terrible, but believe in their salvation thanks to faith, man that's either whack, or the workings of some mad god. Mahal ng Diyos ang mga kupal na tao? If that's the way they get into heaven, man I don't know. I'll go back to that old Groucho Marx quote if heaven's like that, I wouldn't join any club that would have me.

No comments: