Sunday, April 20, 2008

On TV

I was on TV friday. got interviewed for Korina Today because I was included in Tales of Enchantment and Fantasy and I am unemployed so I can easily be places where my better earning co-writers might not.

I was asked at a party Friday night, how was it like being in the studio. My response: Cold. The air-conditioning apparently has to be maxed out so that all the equipment doesn't overheat. It also turned me into a rather hairy pretzel.

It's funny how we react to people when they have been on TV. All these statements like, wow, you're a celebrity or something. I don't know how to take that. I've been interviewed and I have interviewed people onscreen before, but never someone with as much fame and mass appeal as my Friday interviewer.

I just wonder how people reacted to it particularly my unsual Chewbaccca growl. I'm normally pretty uninhibited doing my Wookie thing, but the whole pressure of being on TV took something out of my once-powerful ngaaaar.

I can only hope that the appearance generates some interest in the book and reading in general. A lot of us who write are rather shy about these kinds of things, it's kind of why we prefer to write. I know that I prefer to be behind that scenes rather than in front of the camera. But you realize that we have to do all that we can to get people to pay attention to our writing. I hope that the appearance moves units, generates buzz about literature, and hopefully young writers.

People who saw it, hey what did you think?

No comments: