Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wi-fi as a trend

My friend adam has referred to me recently as a wi-fi whore. While adam has a penchant for referring to me in such terms, it does get one thinking about all this wi-fi wireless, bluetooth, digital media passing available int he here and now.

When I was a college freshman the in thing was the nokia 5110 and i thought that i wasn't doing to bad with a jazz page. Who would've thunk it? and what would contemporary TV be without these innovations? Without the proliferation of the cellphone what would watching 24 be like? And what would Chuck be without Call of Duty 4?

One problem I have now if finding places with decent free wi-fi. the starbucks branch that I used to visit is now charging a hundred bucks for an hour. yeeesh man. I predict that in the near future wifi and its being free will become a demand and eventually an expectation of competitive cafes and other similar establishments.

No comments: